Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Don't want to do it!!

Okay, my house is the pits. I have an ELEPHANT of a mess, and I need to start taking small bites to get it under control, but I don't even want to start chewing. I have to get the house in order before it drives me nuts. I have camping stuff to finish putting away, laundry from the campout, my desk to reorganize that my son started for me, and just general cleaning. What I really want to do is just play. But then I am being irresponsible and wasting my time. I am suppose to be productive, for the Lord has said that I should not waste my time. And yet here I am doing that...sort of. I am also journaling which is what I am suppose to do too.

I need some motivation somehow to get me cleaning. It is harder with all the children home and running to different events. But then again I think I am just using that as an excuse. I also know that once it is clean it just gets messy again. I have to think of a way to make sure the children clean up after themselves without sounding like a drill sargent or a meanie. I don't know how other people do it. I think part of my laziness comes into play because of how I was as a teenager -- always laying around or sitting by doctor's orders.

I think I have carried some of that into my adulthood and use what I used to have to do as my excuse for now. I really am capable of working hard and accomplishing much, but I also do get tired easily. Maybe if I would take my shakes like I am suppose to I wouldn't have the problems I am having. I am such a lame-o sometimes -- I just am never good at consistency with ANYTHING. That is a problem I need to rectify, but am not sure how. So I start out good with good intendtions and apply all that I need to well, but I never stay with anything for very long. I wonder where that comes from. Is it just because I don't have my head on straight? I think 'George' is about to come visit soon. Maybe that is why I am in such a funk today.

Anyway, going to go waste 15 min to play a quick game before I leave for b-ball. But I will return later. Bye--

1 comment:

SuperCoolMom said...

I love Flylady. Whenever I don't know where to start, I go clean the kitchen sink and the clean moves outward from there. I am sooo in the same boat as you with most of the same excuses. Good luck!